Are you a fabulous, fun singer looking for more performance opportunities? Love singing classical music? Interested in bringing opera to unexpected locations and new audiences? Opera on Tap Las Vegas might be for you!
Opera on Tap Las Vegas is on the hunt for fantastic, talented performers to add to our roster. Roster singers perform in our monthly, themed shows at bars around Las Vegas like the Classic Jewel. Roster singers also have the opportunity to perform in other projects and collaborations with area groups. Additionally, roster singers are eligible to apply for Opera on Tap’s Singer Scholarship program, which funds expenses like audition fees, headshots, coachings, and more!
Auditions will take place on Sunday, February 10 starting at 6:30 pm at Dr. Spencer Baker’s studio. To schedule your audition, please email your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 8.
-3 solo vocal pieces representing 2 languages (arias preferred, but show us what you got!)
-Prepare a short, fun intro for each piece
-Because we primarly perform in bars, we are only hearing singers who are 21+
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear you.
OOT-LV is on the look out for talented opera singers (21 & over) to join our Artist Roster. If you have a great voice, a great attitude, and a great way of working a crowd in a bar, then Opera on Tap is for you! We’ve been performing in bars around the Las Vegas area, including Classic Jewel and the Bunkhouse Saloon, and we’d love to have even more singers to perform on our shows.
Auditions will be held at the Family Music Center Sahara location on Sunday, March 19 from 12 to 5 pm.
SCHEDULING YOUR AUDITION:
- If you would like to schedule an audition, please submit a headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 6:00pm on Wednesday, March 15.
- If you have a preferred audition time, please indicate that in your email submission. Requests will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A $10 audition fee will be taken at the time of your audition, which covers the fee for the pianist, Shane Jensen. You are welcome to bring your own accompanist, but please let us know ahead of time.
- Prepare 3 contrasting arias.
- Prepare brief and interesting introductions for your arias. Our OOT-LV audience will be comprised of opera lovers and opera newbie’s alike. How would you describe your arias to a bar full of people who have never heard opera before?
- Bring a copy of your headshot, resume, and $10 accompanist fee to the audition.
A BIG thank you to Family Music Center for allowing us to hold auditions at their facility.